6 Popular PDF Forms in the US
1. Form I-I29S
I-129S, also referred to as Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition, is an 8-page, US Citizenship and Immigration Services document divided into ten sections. Each of the sections asks a unique set of questions that an application must answer, should they be applicable in their case. If you are using an interpreter, use parts 8, 9, and 10. Otherwise, leave them blank.
Employers fill this form to classify a nonimmigrant as L-1 nonimmigrant intra-company transferees (specialized knowledge professionals, managers, or executives).
2. Form 1040
Form 1040 is the IRS form that allows taxpayers to disclose their year’s taxable income. The filer needs to provide a Social Security number, address, number of dependents, and others. The report should also include reports on income sources, such as salary, wages, and Social Security benefits.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) uses the information to establish whether an individual owes the state additional taxes or the filer qualifies for a tax refund.
3. Form W-9
Form W-9 is another IRS created-form that independent contractor fill. Only individuals who earn more than $600 per single year from a given company are qualified to fill out the form. At the top of the form, you provide the name of the business and your name. You then choose your federal tax classification and write your address.
Companies use the information that their independent contractors provide to complete Form 1099-NEC, which reports the earnings of their respective non-employees to the IRS.
4. Form SS-4
Form SS-4 is an IRS form that contains the necessary information of the applicant and other elements, including:
- Reasons for applying
- Type of entity
- Date of payment of the first wages
- Foreign state or country where the corporation was incorporated, if applicable
- The main activity of the business
- Date of launch or acquisition of the business
- Closing accounting month of the year
- The projected highest number of employees over the next year
- Whether you applied for or received your business employer Identification Number (EIN)
- A table to help you decide whether your business requires EIN
The purpose of filing form SS-4 is to request IRS for an EIN.
5. Form W-7
Form W-7 is useful for federal tax filings and applicants to provide accurate information on:
- Why they need an ITIN
- Name, mailing address, or foreign address
- Date of birth and location of birth
- Citizenship status
- Foreign tax Id number if applicable
- US VISA number, if applicable
- Identification documents
Non-citizens use the form to apply for an individual tax identification number (ITIN)
6. Form EOIR-29
Form EOIR-29 is a 2-page document that asks applicants whether they are appealing a DHS decision or others. One has to provide their name, the reason for filing, and reference numbers, if available. One must complete all the sections and signoff. If you are a beneficiary, you should have the petitioner sign. The purpose of filing the EOIR-29 form is to appeal the decision of an immigration officer.
Other useful articles:
- All You Need to Know About IRS PDF Forms
- How U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Benefits the Nation
- Most Popular Department of Homeland Security Forms
- Most Popular Tax Forms
- Popular PDF Forms in the US
- What is the USCIS PDF Form and How is it Used